Monday, March 2, 2009

Withholding Sex

I am sure that I am going to get some flack for this, but it's really been eating at me. What is up with women, wives withholding sex from their husbands? First of all, I know that I am not the poster child for the perfect marriage pfft, normal marriage.. A marriage or normal sex life. But men need sex. They do. Sure, they don't need it EVERY night or even as often as they would like it---but they DO NEED IT. In a committed relationship, that is intimacy for them. Men need sex, admiration, and occasional solitude. Heck, even women need those things.

Men need sex just like women need physical affection, nonsexual physical affection. Withholding either is just mean. If you love someone, why do you keep it from them because you're angry or because they didn't behave the way you expected them to?

Do you withhold affection from your children for the same reason? Do you withhold your love from them, your concern, your compassion? I would hope not.

Not giving your spouse what he/she needs is unkind. Think about it. That's all I'm saying. Just think about it.

Okay, bring it on.. I can take it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...have to admit I didn't even know women really considered this. In 18 years of marriage I never got this point across. heck I wasn't even that demanding.In fact, I didn't even always want sex sometimes I just wanted physical contact. However. there are times I would have been happy with once a month let alone once a week. I guess that is why I call her my "ex" now. I think it was the three weeks she didn't sleep in the bed and we weren't even fighting that did it for me.

    ReplyDelete